- a traditional meal OR
- a turkey + requested side dishes. One year, it was broccoli, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- One of the above choices OR
- just something DIFFERENT. Like, lasagna. Or ANYthing, just something special we don’t normally have.
- Spiral sliced ham (I splurged on the extra 20 cents per pound)
- Butter beans, cabbage, and potatoes (made in the slow cooker)
- Mashed potatoes
- Cinnamon apples
Simple. Not traditional, but a meal we can all be thankful for.
Did you notice dessert is missing? I haven’t made up my mind about that yet. I have a couple recipes for flourless chocolate cake that we all like… but the boys are currently thoroughly enjoying procesing a gigantic pumpkin into puree, and I’ve overheard talk of pie and custard. Stay tuned.